As the new Senior Commercial Legal Counsel, you will be reporting into the Head of Legal Services, advising, and responding to legal queries submitted by the business. A pivotal part of the role is the provision of legal advice to the business to facilitate efficiency and strong working relationships.
You will need to build strong relationships with clients, colleagues in other departments and within your team.
Key duties & responsibilities
- Advising and responding to legal queries submitted by the business.
- Providing training and support to the business to facilitate efficiency and strong working relationships.
- Reviewing, drafting, and negotiating commercial agreements, including the business’s standard contracts, frameworks, bespoke agreements, amendments, novation’s, NDAs and supplier terms and conditions.
- Assisting in tender submissions, including, but not limited to, clarifications, assumptions, and T&Cs review.
- Liaising with and providing advice to other departments in respect of sector-specific queries, including land ownership, VAT, and insolvency issues.
- Advising on intellectual property matters and working with other departments on compliance areas such as GDPR.
- Carrying out legal research and staying up to date on sector-specific developments.
- Liaising with the business and execs on approval and signatures for contracts and other legal documents.
- Assisting in the population of a contract management system.
- Providing training and support to junior members of the team.
Formal qualifications and experience required
- Qualified Solicitor
- At least 5 years PQE (Post Qualification Experience)
- Ideally experience of working in an ‘inhouse’ legal team
- Ideally experience of working within the commercial sector
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail
- Ability to draft clear and concise legal documentation
- Ability to take a pragmatic and risk-based approach
- Ability to work well in a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize workload
This Job Description is a guide only and is not exhaustive.
Additional duties may be required as and when the needs of the business or position dictate.