As Sales Operations Manager, you are key to the success of the whole sales division. Whether you are leading the sales forecasting process and holding the sales leaders accountable or whether you are working with our internal stakeholders to drive more efficient processes, you are at the forefront of delivering success.
You will have excellent attention to detail and be able to interpret data quickly and seamlessly. You’ll be driven to hold standard high across the sales teams and won’t shy away from tough conversations where leaders need to deliver for you. Essentially, you’ll keep the wheels of the sales engine turning seamlessly and effortlessly whilst focusing on continuous improvements across the whole end to end sales process
Key duties & responsibilities
- Report on data to the Sales Director and other business leaders using regular, as necessary, cadence to ensure everyone is clear on business performance and metrics.
- Daily management of the Sales pipeline to ensure that each opportunity moves between the sales and operations stages in the most efficient manner possible.
- Provide support to the field and desk-based sales teams to maximise efficiency and achieve their targets/KPI’s through improving ways of working, processes and systems.
- Make recommendations to Sales Operations Manager for process changes where efficiency or productivity gains can be made.
- Management of sales forecasting and pre-contract pipeline to ensure each opportunity is maximised to the benefit of both the client and the business.
- Working closely with the Sales Managers to support the fair assignment of sales force quotas.
- Monitoring the accuracy and efficient distribution of sales reports and other business intelligence.
- Implementing enabling technologies, including CRM, to field sales teams.
- Ensuring sales qualification and governance processes are established and followed to confirm new business opportunities are viable before making external commitments.
Formal qualifications & experience required
- Operational leadership experience would be a strong advantage
- Ability to work remotely as well as part of a team
- Ability to form strong working relationships across all departments to ensure a smooth flow of each opportunity through the sales process
- Strong communication skills both written and presentations
- Strong analytical skills in interpreting data to recommending actions
- Experience working in sales and customer support functions (eg Sales, Sales Operations, Business Operations) with proven experience in defining Go to Market Sales models
- Ability to work to SLAs and deadlines
- Exceptional motivational skills
- Ability to communicate both written and verbal at all levels of the business
- Excellent numeracy and forecasting skills
- Significant experience in CRM systems
This Job Description is a guide only and is not exhaustive. Additional duties may be required as and when the needs of the business or position dictate.