Operations are looking for a number of Civil Operatives to carry out a range of short duration civils projects across the UK. Reporting in to your team leader you will be responsible for general ground work and supporting with installation and signage functions.
This role requires the successful applicant to work away from home roughly around 4 nights a week and includes an overnight premium.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Excavation works including service trenching.
- Operation of small highways maintenance plant and equipment.
- Carry out ground surveys to locate underground services using cable avoidance tools.
- General ground works activities including the laying and levelling of kerbs, paving slabs, tarmac and concrete.
- Operatives will also be expected to assist with installation and signage functions when the need arises.
Formal Qualifications & Experience Required
The successful applicant should be fully competent in all aspects of ground works including the following:
- Installing service trenching, bollards, columns and signposts as required within roadways, footpaths and verges.
- Repairing and resurfacing any existing surfaces that are affected by the installation works, such as tarmac, block paving, paving slabs concrete or soft landscaping.
- Removing unsafe obstacles on site including bollards, columns and street furniture.
- Valid CSCS card.
- A knowledge and appreciation of health and safety regulations.
- NRWSA Qualification
- CPCS/NPORS 360 digger below 10ton
- Valid Abrasive Wheels certificate.
- Valid Manual Handling certificate
- Ability to demonstrate good communication skills.
- Ability to plan and organise work.
- Experience of carrying out high quality civil works.
Co-operating and respecting colleagues to achieve shared goals.
Health and Safety
Have a positive attitude to health and safety and ensure that health and safety is considered when carrying out work tasks.
Providing the best experience for capita clients and customer.
The ability to listen, express and articulate information effectively to a range of stakeholders.
Delivering objectives through the effective setting and management of personal and team KPI’s.
Completing projects in an efficient manner through effective time, resource and financial management.
Motivating, supporting and developing others to achieve outstanding levels of performance.
Contribution to the business through awareness of group services, the business unit function and its position within the marketplace.
Commitment to Continual Improvement
Be receptive to new ideas and ways to improve the process, customer service, quality and safety
As this role is nationwide, the successful candidate will be required to work away from home, at least 4 times a week
This Job Description is a guide only and is not exhaustive. Additional duties may be required as and when the needs of the business or position dictate.