Business Development Manager (Commercial Manager) x 2 – North East & South East
Main Purpose of the Job
Support ParkingEye/Capita activities by undertaking new business development for the company.
Responsible to: Head of Sales
Responsible for: No Staff
Liaison with: All ParkingEye personal and external customers/clients.
Key Duties include:
- Identification of new business opportunities.
- Increasing the existing client base on a continuing basis.
- Effectively managing the client on-boarding process whilst gaining additional sites.
- Achieving consistently the agreed monthly/quarterly sales targets.
- Working conscientiously and professionally at all times.
- Always delivering a smart, professional & confident appearance to all clients.
- Assisting in the development of business and marketing plans for the company, identifying and qualifying growth potential.
- Re-enforcing, maintaining and developing the ParkingEye & Capita brand.
- Researching client backgrounds and understanding the markets in which they operate, in order to fully understand the needs of the client.
- Effective management of the client accounts, database records & accurate sales reports.
- Ability to deliver professional presentations to an internal & external audience.
- Ability to work effectively with other ParkingEye/Capita departments to ensure smooth & timely delivery on all projects.
- Must have a positive outlook & the ability to work effectively with other commercial managers in order to deliver the annual team target.
- Understand the commercial aspect of the installed sites & look to review/improve as required.
- Effectively plan client visits, travel & overnight stays to compliment the business.
- Adhoc duties as requested by direct line manager and department director.
- The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation
- Shares business information to the team and cascades as appropriate.
- Shares ideas and experiences with other teams and business units that may improve performance.
- Constantly develops plans to increase customer service and thereby client loyalty
- Seeks regular client feedback on quality and performance
- Exercises personal judgement in adapting the style and nature of written and verbal communication.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills including questioning for clarification and establishing of facts, observation and active listening.
- Ensures business / functional objectives are clearly stated to their team leaders. Links team performance to business performance.
- Continuously monitors activity bearing in mind the original objective and develops contingency plans.
- Identifies problems and their causes and takes action to solve them.
- Makes decisions quickly, ensuring reasoning is clear.
- When making decisions that impact others, will canvass opinion of key stakeholders.
- Draws on the skills and experience of others when solving problems and making decisions.
- Knows the market place and its customers, seeing and responding quickly to opportunities.
- Develops and maintains a network of both external contacts and colleagues to help identify growth opportunities.
- Has a full understanding of Capita’s commercial environment and knows how to use Capita’s financial procedures.
- Thinks through how existing processes and offerings can be improved or enhanced.
- Regularly demonstrates lateral thinking.
Apply for the BDM (Commercial Manager) Vacancy